Monday, September 30, 2013

Perimeter Insulation

Today is a nice weather and perfect to start the perimeter insulation. Hubby is still thinking of buying the Bitumen or not. I would like to have it on the wall, as a preventive measure so that in the future we will have no issues like wet basement walls or the like. Though it is not an assurance that it will work like that, but I guess it is better than nothing. We bought one pale of it for testing. Though hubby and his dad think otherwise, since it costs extra as well. Let's see.

Hubby and I went to the building site and started to install the perimeter insulation. I would say it was fun working with my husband in our dreamhouse. I can see the team work and that is for me, sort of bonding time for couples like us. I like the feeling.

And then my FIL arrived with our kid and mommy needs to stop helping and take care of our lil man instead. So, it's time for Papa and Grandpa to do the rest of the job. In the afternoon when the kids were sleeping, I helped again on the building site. Here are some captured moments. Too bad I am not on the pic since I took all the photos :)






The first side of the basement where we put the perimeter insulation.



Hubby on top of our Basement :)

Halfway through...
On the remaining two sides of the basement, we are using Bitumen to put the perimeter insulation.


Bitumen is the black color  paste that you can see on this pic


preparing for the rain

holding the perimeter insulation

closing the windows and door, so the rainwater will be minimized








No comments:

Post a Comment